Dr. R. David Nelson founded Hearing Health Centers in 1976. It has since grown to include four different clinics in two states. We are honored to serve those in Northwest Iowa and Southeastern Minnesota.
Audiologists, hearing aid specialists and audiology assistants work together at Hearing Health Centers to provide patients with the highest quality of hearing care. We specialize in the identification, diagnosis and treatment of hearing disorders. Our hearing aid experts are fully equipped to fit hearing aids from a number of top level manufacturers. In addition, our in-house hearing aid repair lab can accommodate both walk-ins and appointments for hearing aid checks and cleanings.
What makes our clinic different?
- We perform the most comprehensive diagnostic testing available.
- We want to know what you can hear, but we also want to know how well you are understanding speech.
- We perform several tests to measure how well you are understanding speech in both quiet and noisy environments. This gives us a lot of extra information in addition to a standard hearing test.
- We are obsessively, relentlessly passionate about helping people hear better. Nothing is more important to us.
- Our treatment plans include not just the hearing aids themselves, but warranties, insurance in case of loss, free batteries and all the services you might require, such as wax removal, additional testing and adjustments to the devices as needed
- Our treatment plans start at $1000/aid and go up in price according to your lifestyle and what features you might need.
- Our providers are exceptional at explaining all the various treatment options you have and will help you make a decision based on your needs, not ours.
- We firmly believe that no one manufacturer can do it all. Because of this we:
- Use a variety of all major hearing aid manufacturers
- Strongly oppose any hearing aids that other companies use where the software inside the hearing aid is “locked,” meaning that no one else is allowed to make adjustments to your aid.
- Make hearing aid recommendations based on your hearing loss, lifestyle, personal preferences and any special concerns you may have such as your vision and manual dexterity.
- We strongly believe that no one size fits all when it comes to hearing aids. We special order each and every hearing device to exactly what you need, not use something we simply have sitting on a shelf.
- When you are fit with hearing devices, you can expect your first listening experience to be comfortable and clear.
- You can try any of the latest technology with no hassle or commitment.
- If your HA needs repair, you can use our free loaner program.