Nelson Hearing Aid Service clinics, which include Hearing Health Center and Fairmont Hearing Service, are committed to your health and safety as the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread. We are monitoring the CDC and WHO websites and taking all necessary precautions.
The current situation is very fluid and changing hour-to-hour. Patients are encouraged to check the following resources for up-to-date information on COVID-19, including how to best keep yourself safe and what you should do if you suspect that either you or a family member may have fallen ill with this virus.
From now until further notice, our providers will be providing services differently.
- If you would like batteries or other supplies, we will mail them to you and are waiving the shipping fee. Please call us at 800-798-9187 to place your order.
- If you are having trouble with your hearing devices, please call us at 800-798-9187 and we will work with you to troubleshoot over the phone. For those of you with smartphone app connected devices, we will use that technology to get your devices working for you, if possible.
- If your devices need repair, we are offering curbside service. We will come to your car to collect your aids and return them to you at your car once repaired. Please call 800-798-9187 to arrange for service.
- If you need to be seen in one of our clinics, be assured we are sanitizing thoroughly. We are scheduling appointments with enough time in between to ensure you will not overlap with another patient.
Please note, we CANNOT perform testing for coronavirus on site at any of our offices. Please contact your primary care physician, Urgent Care or your local emergency room for an evaluation if you:
- Have a fever, cough or cold/flu like symptoms, or symptoms of lower respiratory illness (e.g., cough or shortness of breath)
- Have been exposed to someone that has been diagnosed with coronavirus or someone that has had contact with anyone under quarantine for the virus
- Have recently traveled outside of the United States or been exposed to anyone returning from outside of the United States
If you have any of these symptoms, we are unable to see you for an appointment until 72 hours after you are symptom-free.